Kipngetich Geoffrey Langat is an accountant by profession and has over 10 years of hands on experience. He has previously worked with the Kenya Tea Growers Association (KTGA) in Kericho for over 5 years, as an Assistant Accountant. He has also worked at James Finlay Kenya Ltd, and Ndege Chai Sacco ltd.
Langat holds a degree in Business Management, Accounting option, from Moi University and he’s a CPA finalist.
He is a result oriented individual who works with no or less supervision. Some of his competencies include;
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure within strict deadlines
- Planning, implementing and coordinating assigned tasks.
- Ability to relate well with both internal and external environments.
- Good organization skills
At Biovision, Langat is involved in;
- Preparation of monthly payroll in liaison with Finance Manager and HR and Admin Officer and reconciling the payroll control ledgers.
- Ensuring timely disbursements of all payroll related liabilities
- Assist in Reviewing and Posting EOA Project Financial returns.
- Preparation of payments and transfers to staff, suppliers and partners
- Asset management (Preparing asset register, taking annual inventory for equipments, cars, motorcycles, computers and furniture and finally depreciating assets at the end of the year
- Remitting of statutory taxes (PAYE, National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF).
- Deductions on employees’ accounts of loans and other dues before paying net salaries to employee’s bank accounts
- Filing returns i.e. Withholding tax and PAYE
- Processing cash advance and expenses retirements(Imprest)
- Filing of programme financial support documents/payment documents
- Invoice Biovision HO for the expenditures incurred on behalf of its staff
- Ensure to comply with internal and external regulations with the respective support to internal and external stakeholders
- Perform other related duties as may be required and assigned by supervisor.